Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wow Stuff and Online Friends

I joined another guild already. This ones new, just formed like 2 weeks ago. Not sure how much I'll like it, but giving it a try. One thing I already dislike is their "No pugging" rule. I think they might be a bit too uncasual for me. They have less then 30 members too, and I'm the only druid so far. But on the bright side I've grouped with alot of the members before and they seem pretty alright. The person who invited me in says they're focused on achievements too so thats a plus. They raid late at nights too like 12 am server. Which is usually good for me, and a plus because this way I can watch my tv shows when they're on rather then having to download them.

Also I've made some new online friends in the past few weeks. Only 1 seems to be a decent conversationalist though and I think the others are ignoring me. I only got a few replies to my "looking for misanthropic people to talk to" thread. 1 was that guy I mentioned before that wanted to PM and got all upset that I wanted to talk on MSN. The other was a guy who I talked to 2 or 3 times and never heard from again. I'll give it more time before I start to think he's ignoring me for sure because it hasn't been that long yet. The other though...I used to be friends with him on AIM years ago and he was a bit of a jerk to me back then and always used to try to change my mind and convince me people weren't that bad. So the first time or 2 he contacted me recently I just ignored it. Then he sent me another 1 a few days ago asking why I was ignoring him. So I replied and said something like "Didn't we used to talk years ago and not really get along? Also Tbh I'm really only looking for misanthropic people to talk to." Then he replied back saying something like "I know how I was back then but I've changed and am more like you now I think" And said he'd really like to talk to me. I wasn't sure if I believed him or not but I agreed to talk to him and sent him my msn. That was a few days ago now, and he's not added me yet still. Makes me wonder what he wanted it for, hope he's not signing me up for spam or crap.

Speaking of friends...my one online friend who I've known since late 2005 recently moved from CA to Ohio to move back in with his parents because he'd been unemployed for a time and ran out of money to live alone in LA. :( Anyway he's pretty much the only online friend I talk to regularly and have kept for more then a year or two. But he mentioned us meeting one day once he gets a car. I was like cool but isn't Ohio like 8 hours away from me...come to find out its only 3 hours away. While I kinda would like to meet him someday theres a few problems. The one being that he doesn't know half of how bad my SA is, the other being my crappy sense of directions, he'll expect me to show him around or something...and I leave the house so little that I really won't know my way around, plus even if I did leave the house I wouldn't know because I have like no sense of direction. It will probably be at least a year or 2 before he can even afford a car (he doesn't have a job yet even) but still, just thinking about it causes my SA to act up.

No comments:

Post a Comment