Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and everything in between

Have so much to write lol. So much for trying to write here more often :( Anyway alot happened since my last entry. Will visited again the weekend before Christmas, and we joined a new guild together, and of course Christmas and Thanksgiving happened too. Will go in order I guess lol.

First Thanksgiving. Was my worst Thanksgiving ever :( I was making the turkey and everything else for thanksgiving (I'm a pretty good cook...usually) like I do every year because I don't like to or trust eating food prepared by other people (don't even eat out really just a pizza every 3 weeks or so).

Anyway why was it my worst thanksgiving ever? Well not only did Will and I have a big argument on that day but my stove broke and caught on fire...with the turkey in it! "Luckily" I noticed it right away...I had been in there to check on the turkey and it was fine, then like 5-10 minutes later I glanced in the direction and saw the oven was like lit up...at first I thought I turned the oven light on and forgot...then I remembered our oven light is broken so I went to investigate. Opened oven door and saw small flames on the bottom. Wasn't sure what to do so I called my mom who was sleeping and woke her up. She sure didn't rush to get there when I told her the oven was on fire, took her at least 2 or 3 minutes to even get up. The next few minutes were kinda comical I guess but I sure didn't find it funny then. She didn't know what to do either, she was saying "Do something!" so I grabbed the salt shaker and put salt on it since that usually works to put out fires (I know from experience with stove fires lol). It didn't work of course lol. So then my mom grabs a cup and starts pouring cups of water on it. That didn't work either (obviously lol) and the flames were getting bigger and bigger, when it just started it was very small. Finally we noticed the coil thing was burning itself out. So my mom moved the oven so she could get to the plug and we unplugged it. The coil thing was pretty much all burnt out then so she got a pot holder and slid the pan the turkey was in out. I checked to see how far done it was (knew it wasn't done all the way because the popup timer didn't come up) and part of it seemed fine but other parts of it were bleeding. It probably needed another hour or 2 to cook. We still had turkey and stuffing for dinner though we just cut pieces that seemed done off and put it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to be safe. The stuffing was done at least though I added too much liquids and it was mushy :( Ugh. Sure glad Will wasn't visiting on Thanksgiving lol. Want him to think I'm a good cook. Hope he does.

We got our oven fixed about a week later, would've been sooner but my mom had to wait until she had money, she ordered a new coil part (not sure what they're called) online and put it in herself to save money. I was able to use the burners before it was fixed though, she just unhooked the oven part or something which was good because I use the burners for most meals I make lol. Also tried to use the toaster oven for cooking some food I'd normally cook in oven, some didn't come out as good, but on a good note I found out hotdogs taste much better in the toaster oven on the grill setting then they do in the oven.

Will visited about a week before Christmas :) Since its winter he didn't drive, he took a bus, which I really appreciate, I know the bus rides (he had to take a few connecting ones) weren't fun for him. He had a really loud kid on the one ride (who I had the pleasure of hearing in the background when he called me during the ride lol) and on another bus he had crappy driver.

He got here Friday morning of the 18th and left Sunday morning. He stayed here at my house. Which was awkward with my mom here so often, but luckily she had work both Friday and Saturday. We mostly played board games lol. I obliterated him in scrabble, checkers and chess :D He only won 1 game and we played several lol. In fairness though I've always been better then most at strategy games :) Even used to play in tournaments over on itsyourturn.com , don't think I ever won one but always made it pretty far.

We also watched 2 movies together, both of which I'd never seen before, Independence Day and It's A Wonderful Life. Independence Day was pretty good, not one of my favs but enjoyed it alot, can't believed I never watched it before lol. Will said I couldn't be a true paranormal fan until I watched lol. It's A Wonderful life was good too, we watched the digital remastered colorized version which I downloaded online. Enjoyed that movie too but not as much, think its overrated lol. Liked the Christmas Carol better, we watched that online together a day or 2 before christmas eve. I liked scrooge lol.

I also made him homemade steak and cheese subs, he liked them :) Other then that he mostly had sandwiches...felt bad I couldn't feed him better food but we're tight on money in the winter :( Next time I gotta make him pork chops for sure poor boy hasn't had pork chops in ages lol.

We exchanged christmas gifts too :) He got me a lynx stuffed animal because it was cute and I like cat stuff. :) I got him a Niagara Falls tee shirt since he was too busy with me to go into the tourist shop on his other visits lol. Anyway not much else to say about visit, was fun and really glad he came :) Guess onto some wow stuff lol...

Will and I joined a guild together a couple days before Christmas. I don't know how long we'll stay in it (I'm unsure about them and Will doesn't like this guild much, will explain). Basically I was pugged to go on a run with them since they didn't have enough guildys on. The run was for normal 25 man TOC and it went alright cept we kept wiping on the last boss, they even tried it a few times later during the week, a few times without me since Will was visiting then and I obviously wanted to have all my attention on him. I was there for one attempt after he left though think was Monday night, they still couldn't get him down lol :( But anyway they were wanting to recruit me after, and I said I'd think about it. Some of them were kinda pushy about it though, though they finally said after a while ok and that there
wasn't a time limit on when I could join. So I asked if Will could join too and they seemed happy to have us both so I told them they could invite us to guild.

Our first issue with the guild was when Christmas came, the guild leaders sent me 100 gold as a Christmas present and they didn't send Will anything :( Found out a day or 2 later from the guild message that they sent it to everyone else too...except Will :( He thinks its because hes not 80 and he was kinda mad about it, saying they shouldn't have said they sent something to everyone in the guild when they didn't. Don't blame him, I'd be pissed too. A few days later the guild leader whispered him and asked him who his main was and Will replied that this was his main. Guild leader then told Will to come on vent so he could talk to him...he didn't even say please. Will doesn't have vent yet so he told him that and that seemed to be the end of that. But then he mentioned in guild chat something like "I have been way too lax with invites lately. From now on nobody gets in unless I interview them and when I want to interview them I will do it on my time not at their convenience." Will asked a bit later in whisper if he was talking about him in guild chat, he said no. I'm not sure I believe he wasn't though because I looked up guild info of all the guildys online at the time and only Will and I joined very recently. Thought I suppose the person that caused him to say that could've been already logged off.

Speaking of jerks in wow, had some asshole in heroic voa as master looter a few days ago and the asshole ninja'd the neck piece I won :( Along with rogue gloves that he lost roll on. Then he went "sucks I'm master looter." After that everyone gave him hell for ninjaing then group quickly split up. I posted on the realm forums about what he did and also made sure to let everyone in trade know not to group with him. He had the nerve to post back on the forum topic I made and lie saying he didn't ninja. Someone else that was there posted on the topic too though and backed me up. Noticed the next day thanks to wow armory that the ninja was no longer on our realm. Glad hes not but I wasn't about to let it go still. I found the new realm he joined and posted on their realm forums warning them about him. Hope the fucker never finds a group again. Unfortunatly he will though, at least for heroics because of the now multi server queue. It is kinda funny that he paid real life money to transfer his toon over it though, especially since it was so easy to find him and his gear sucks.

I mostly like the multi server queue they added with last patch, but this is one of the downfalls, that scum can now easily find groups. Usually I get pretty lucky with running random heroics on it on my 80 but any time I try one of the newer heroics theres been trouble :( My rogue also gets shitty groups most of the time. I shouldn't complain though because it does make it alot easier to find groups and finding groups for sub 80 dungeons was next to impossible before.

I have gotten a bunch more achievements since my last post and have now broken the 8000 mark :D Got my 100 mounts achievement and the bird mount in heroic sethekk halls :D Was when Will was here too lol :D He's my good luck charm :D Also got the rare green proto drake mount from my oracles egg a few days ago :D So now switched to frenzyheart rep being the achievement junkie I am lol. Sucks though because don't think frenzyheart has a chance to give any cool mounts or pets, unless they changed something with them. Was close to getting another epic achievement too just 2 nights ago, the one for doing 25 man 3 drake os, we kept wiping at 1% though :(

For Christmas didn't do anything. Just chatted online some with Will. We had another argument too :( We argue alot, trying to find ways to argue less though, hope we make it cause I really really love him. Anyway we had a good time before the argument, went on a raid of all the horde cities for the For The Alliance achievement (which I already had) and the new BB King achievement. I led the raid and I think I did a pretty good job was my first time ever leading a raid bigger then a 10 man, and 10 mans I never even led much. Will got his war bear mount from the first achievement and he was really happy about that :) He didn't get the other achievement though because he died on the boss in the beginning and didn't get to pelt the boss in time :( Felt bad about that, especially since I battlerezzed the tank instead of him.

For Christmas gifts mostly got clothes :( and a blender from my grandma :) Also my mom got me a headset for the phone thats actually not uncomfortable. Will had given me an old one he had but it went inside of the ear and I didn't like it. One my mom got is awesome though, and a huge help since Will and I talk on the phone several hours a day lol. :)

New years eve didn't do anything either, unless wow stuff counts lol. I was in a raid for some older raid dungeons with Will. Got some nice rep from it and was kinda fun. Holidays don't mean much to me anymore...but would be nice to do something on a new years eve for once. Maybe next year :)

Also made homemade mexican pizza the other day for the first time ever. Was originally gonna make for new years eve but was on wow lol. Cooked some ground beef to put on it. Used a regular pizza crust and put salsa on it for the sause, for the cheese used mexican cheese. Will make it again sometime cause it was awesome :D

Ok...think I got all the important stuff from the last 2 months in here and some of the non important stuff too lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment